Typifying the stormy volcanic roots of the Great Rift Valley, Longonot Mountain is a fascinating inactive volcano that overlooks the beautiful landscape of Lake Naivasha area in Kenya. Rising to 2700m above sea level (and also 750m above the nearby landscape), Mt Longonot hiking Excursion delivers trekkers with an interesting and inspiring hike culminating into one of the best and exciting views in Kenya! Tug on those hiking boots, carry sunscreen and hit the road in exploring one of the Kenya’s least visited conservation parks.
• Transport to and from Nairobi in an exclusive tour van
• Entry park fee to the park
• Professional English speaking guide/game ranger (Experts in the African wildlife)
• Meals and drinks during the day
• Personal insurance
• Any other item not included above
WHAT YOU NEED TO CARRY;
• Good pair of walking boots
• Walking sticks-an adjustable sprung loaded stick is best
• Camera, binocular and sunscreen cream
• Rucksack (large enough to carry consumables such as enough drinking water and snacks to eat during the climb)
• Pair of woolen socks
7:30am: Depart Nairobi Hotel for the Mt Longonot Hiking Excursion.
8:10am: Stop over at the great rift valley view point to see the great view and mt Longonot and Suswa at a distant.
9:00am: Arrive at Mt Longonot National Park and start of the Longonot Day trek.
1:15pm: Stop at the Crater rim and enjoy a sumptuous packed lunch.
2:00pm: Descend to the park gate or proceed to circumvent the rim of the great caldera for more fun and adventure.
2:30pm: Depart Mount Longonot for Nairobi
3:30pm: You will be dropped off in your Nairobi hotel to mark end of your Mt Longonot Hiking Excursion 1 day tour.