Mt Longonot hiking tour is offred as a private day trip from Nairobi, admire the national park’ volcanic terrain of bubbling geysers and soaring rift valley cliffs during your hike. After your climb to the crater’s rim, you’ll relax with lunch, then decide if you still have energy to go round the rim of the Mountain or descent slowly as you enjoy the view. The full climb and descent takes up to four hours, and a good general standard of fitness is needed.
Mt Longonot hiking day tour
- Day trip to Mt. Longonot National Park from Nairobi
- Stop to admire the view over the Great African Rift Valley
- Look out for Mt. Suswa and hot springs during a photo
- Hike up the mountain and peer into the crater’s rim
- Enjoy personalized attention from your own private guide
6am- Departure from the hotel in nairobi. You will picke by our 4×4 pop up Minivan and head to Mt longonot .
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved Minimum age is 18 years for Mt Longonot hiking day tour
- Mt Longonot hiking day tour Not recommended for pregnant women
- Mt Longonot hiking day tour Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- The distance from the bottom to the top is almost 2 miles (3km) .
- If you go round the crater rim at the top, the distance is another 1.5miles (2km).
- Dress code- Trousers are recommended, if you have to wear a dress then we suggest you have a long bikers,
- The shoes need to be closed and light, no high heels, open shoes or heavy boots.
- Personal food, drink and picnic lunch is allowed as there are sites on the trail available for breaks.
- Please inform at time of booking if you will be bringing your lunch so that the guide can bring his lunch as well.
- Vehicles used is per group size 1-3 people will be a saloon car, 4-6 people will be a safari tour van, and more than 8 will be a bus.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Lunch (available to purchase)